Sunday, June 8, 2014

Imperfect Edges

I am not perfect. Sometimes I fall. Sometimes I feel rejected and offended. Most days I have to chose faith over fear. Villagers, do you ever feel that way?

Recently, I had a terrible day. Ever have days where NOTHING goes right? That was the day I had. It was rough! I sat down at my kitchen table, started praying, and decided to do a little painting at the end of my horrible day. Sometimes I like to do little arts and crafts, it's fun and I can just relax. So I started to paint this little frame. Within minutes of starting my project, I was agonizing over how I was going to paint every little edge perfectly. The perfectionist in me started to get overwhelmed. It was going to take forever and could be impossible to get it perfect. In that moment I heard the Holy Spirit speak to my heart, "I love you Natalie, even with all of your imperfect edges." It was just what I needed to hear after my rough day.

Sometimes in life we face rejection and it can be painful- from family, friends, coworkers, anyone. I know it can be scary to let our "imperfect edges" show. God wants us to forgive those who hurt us. Villagers, I have good news for you.... God will never reject you, leave you, and He is more than enough for our hearts! We can always count on Him. The God who made the heavens and Earth, galaxies and other planets is passionately in love with you. Think about it, God loves us so much that He sent His own son to redeem us- that's how much He loves & accepts us. The Bible says we are co-heirs with Christ. We are adopted into the family & we have a wonderful daddy God who we get to call, Abba. He loves everything about you and even though people may not accept you, God will never leave you or reject you. His love is truly unconditional and has no limits. He is not surprised or scared by our flaws and loves us with imperfect edges and all! Villagers, I love you all so much and want you to know you are always wanted and accepted!! Xoxo, Natalie

I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is.41:9-10


P.s. Here is my little frame :) Imperfect edges and still beautiful- just like you and me!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment