Sunday, June 1, 2014

Behind the Song - "Turn it Around"


Happy Monday Villagers!!!!!!! 

Hope you had a great weekend. Wooooo! I am a little tired, we had a busy weekend! Marco and I had the privilege of attending the K-Love Fan Awards last night at the Grand Ole Opry. It was so fun! I love any excuse to get all dressed up :) It was awesome seeing so many amazing Christian artists and to celebrate what God is not only doing in Christian music but in our culture with movies, sports, and music. Matthew West & Candice Cameron Bure (DJ Tanner from Full House) hosted the evening and they were so funny! Good times for sure.

Marco and I in front of the Grand Ole Opry and inside the K-Love Fan Awards.
Behind the Song - "Turn it Around"
Well Villagers, I hope you guys are enjoying my first Blog Series, Behind the Song. We are almost done. This week I am sharing about my song, "Turn it Around." This is such a fun song! I really loved writing it and I love singing it. I wrote this song and "LOL" around the same time. I was in a pretty hard season but I started writing this song as a prayer and declaration that God was going to use every trial of mine for His glory! Proverbs 18:21 (KJV) states that, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue; those who love it will eat it's fruit." Our words have power! Sometimes we have to call things into existence the things that do not exist (Rom. 4:17) and we do that by faith. This song is a prophetic declaration in faith that God will turn things around- finances, relationships, health, everything that we need! Even know every time I sing it, I believe that it creates faith in people to believe God will turn things around.

While writing this song, I was in a place with my walk with the Lord where I was choosing to believe His goodness instead of present sicknesses, circumstances, and fears. Sometimes we feel like we are blindly choosing to believe God is good and faithful, but I promise that He is! It’s His nature. The Bible is filled over and over with examples of His goodness & faithfulness. I had never questioned the goodness of God before this time in my life. What I learned was that even in my trials God was still good, even if nothing ever changed and I was stuck in my troubles He would STILL be good because He is God. Even in the chaos God is still good because it's who He is. If you can get a hold of this concept, it will change your life. I know it changed mine.

Scriptures used to write it:
Gen. 50:20, Ecc. 3:1-14, Rom 8:28

Purpose of Song:
I hope people sing and declare this song as a prayer that God will turn everything around in their lives for His glory! I hope it encourages and strengthens hearts that God makes everything new and beautiful in His perfect timing. Sing this song in faith and watch God moves those mountains!!!!

Xoxo, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment