Sunday, May 11, 2014

Behind the Song Series - "Fast Lane"


Hello Villagers!!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! Yesterday was my first Mother's Day. Marco and Destiny made sure it was very special- flowers, cards, balloons, a gift certificate for a massage, lunch! I am a lucky girl and could get used to this kind of treatment! I hope all you Mothers felt as special as you are. You are treasures from heaven.

Well my dear Villagers, over the next couple of weeks I will be sharing a series of blog posts about the songs off of my EP, "Fast Lane," titled, "Behind the Song." Every song I write has a story. I am so excited to share the stories and the Bible verses that I used for each song with you. I hope when you hear the stories behind my songs it will bring encouragement to you and revelation from the Holy Spirit as you listen to my songs :) So... here we go!

Behind the Song - "Fast Lane"

The story behind the song “Fast Lane” is the issue of insecurity. I would be lying if I said I never felt insecure. I believe that is something that everyone struggles with now and then, if not often, and I am guilty too. Our culture tells us how to dress, what car to drive, what type of music to listen to, and what material things we have to own to be accepted and even loved BUT the kingdom of God purely bases our acceptance in Christ alone. That is true freedom and some really good news Villagers! Being someone who struggled a lot with fear and insecurity, I understand the battle of wanting to fit in and having to own things to make you feel worthy of love and acceptance. While writing this song, I kept thinking about how much God loves us. He loves us so much that He sent His son to die for us and redeem us. And even a step further, God has "adopted" us into His family making us "heirs"! That is true love and acceptance Villagers. A fun fact about the song, “Fast Lane,” is that it was the only song on my EP that was co-written. I wrote the song with my amazing husband, Marco Lobos, and Pastor, Scott MacLeod. It was so fun writing with these two, and especially my Pastor! He is a lyrical mastermind.


Scriptures used to write it:

Mark 8:34-38, Eph. 1:6, Ps. 139



Purpose of the Song:

I hope this song brings freedom from insecurity and the revelation that the love of Jesus Christ is the only acceptance we ever need. I pray that girls listen to this song realizing they are beautiful, how loved they are by their heavenly Father, and how God perfectly designed them the way they are. I pray that guys listen to this song and realize they don’t need money, fame or power to be accepted but they find true identity in God alone. Villagers, be free to be you! You are so amazingly loved, talented, unique and ridiculously incredible!!!!

Xoxo, Natalie Villa



**You can buy "Fast Lane" on iTunes or Amazon.**

No comments:

Post a Comment